Duac darkend my skin im white tho and now my skin tones patchy it looks like hyperpigmentation which ive never had is the temporary i was thinking maybe its peeling back to my normla skin colour from a burn maybe how can i fix this how long does ?

Dr. Daniel Ziegler
Emergency Medicine 30 years experience
Skin will fix itself: Duac is a combination of clindamycin phosphate and benzoyl peroxide. It increases sensitivity to ultraviolet light so you are warned to avoid sun exposure or tanning booths since you're more likely to get a sunburn. 'Common side effects are peeling (but this is partly why it works), burning, and redness. Stop using it and avoid excessive sunlight and your skin will return to normal in a few weeks.

Last updated Aug 19, 2020