Niangua, MO

having lower back pain along with leg aches/ numbness and slight weakness for two weeks muscles are very tight and twitch. this happened a few days after a very long 15 hour car ride, and a week later another 15 car drive. likely cause?

Dr. Steven Simon
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 38 years experience
Sciatica: While sciatica is common, this may well represent a radiculopathy (nerve root irritation). You will require a full examination with x Ray and or EMG to determine if there is nerve/muscle damage from spinal compression, peripheral nerve disease, or other cause of your symptoms. If you need to take another long ride, use a lumbar bolster and raise knees higher than hip joint with Foot lift.