on july 25 i fell on my knee hitting it pretty hard. it was painful. ice helped. it did not turn black or blue. it swelled slightly but after a day of walking around no more swelling. i could walk ok. now if i barely graze my knee it is so painful?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Contusion: Resolution of swelling is reassuring. A contusion of the patella could take longer than 2 weeks to fully heal depending upon the severity of the injury, so I would give it a little more time before consulting an orthopedic surgeon because of persistent knee tenderness.
Answered on Aug 6, 2020
1