Nashville, NC

What should i do my toenail is yellow and not connected to my toe and i don't have insurance to go to the doctor and it doesn't hurt either?

Dr. David Tobin
Podiatry 38 years experience
Trim the nail: Yellow and not attached is a dead nail, trim off the part not attached so that water doesn't accumulate under it and bateria grow. Keep it clean and dry.
Dr. Michelle Achor
Podiatry 16 years experience
After trimming the nail soak it in a basin with warm water and some white vinegar in it. Vinegar, acetic acid, has some antifungal potential
Apr 19, 2013
Dr. Neil Horsley
Podiatry 37 years experience
Loose toenail: Your bigger problem is that you could accidently rip the nail off and cause bleeding or infection to occur. Have it checked out.

Last updated Jun 6, 2013