I seem to have mild throat pain, little worried if its covid?yesterday i gargled with apple cider vinegar and today when i am trying to gargle to salt water, when i try throw water out of my mouth, little water goes into my nose and comes out ofnose

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Donald Colantino answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Gargle: When gargling try not to exhale when you empty your mouth as this causes the throat muscles to close which sends water up the back of your throat and up your nose. Gargle with warm salt water. iSore throat,fever, cough with a sensation of discomfort are the classic covid19 symptoms. Also exposure to cases or living in an endemic area are important factors. Call your MD for instructions as

Answered 8/6/2020

56 views

Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

COVID 19: That can certainly happen with gargling. Suspicion for COVID 19 is higher if you have at least 2 of these symptoms: temp of at least 99.6, Cough, Shortness of breath, Chills, Shivering, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat or new loss of taste or smell.

Answered 8/4/2020

56 views