Lake Oswego, OR

Two weeks ago i had to get into the attic, to do so i had to twist and turn. i believe i wrenched my lower right-side back, it also causes some pain in my right thigh and knee. what is the best muscle relaxer to take? i do take an 84mg aspirin each morning. sore back and right knee

Dr. David Ellis
Lower back strain: One of the best initial treatments to reduce spasm and pain to the area is ice for 20 minutes on the area every 1 to 2 hours. Your physician can prescribe a muscle relaxers such as Flexeril or Zanaflex or Robaxin. Usually with mild stretching and rest from lifting along with Relative rest your back should improve. If not or if the pain radiates below your knee you will need to see your physician.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 29, 2020