U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Lake Oswego, OR
A member asked:

Two weeks ago i had to get into the attic, to do so i had to twist and turn. i believe i wrenched my lower right-side back, it also causes some pain in my right thigh and knee. what is the best muscle relaxer to take? i do take an 84mg aspirin each morning. sore back and right knee

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. David Ellis
Family Medicine 43 years experience
Lower back strain: One of the best initial treatments to reduce spasm and pain to the area is ice for 20 minutes on the area every 1 to 2 hours. Your physician can prescribe a muscle relaxers such as Flexeril or Zanaflex or Robaxin. Usually with mild stretching and rest from lifting along with Relative rest your back should improve. If not or if the pain radiates below your knee you will need to see your physician.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 29, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.