A member asked:

Very good afternoon doctors! dermatology question----is there a particularly good treatment recommendation (cream or possibly something else) for (recurring) seborrheic dermatitis? usually notice it around the outside lobes and bridge of my nose

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Stanley Katz answered

Specializes in Dermatology

There are several types of topical Tx for seb derm. Would suggest that you see dermatologist for confirmation of dx and then tx with either cortisone or non cortisone creams and even shampoos. Most of these are prescriptions.

Answered Jul 26, 2020



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor