Qatar

I have a herniated l4 l5, and i get occasional sciatica flare ups. i feel tightness in the muscles at the bottom of my back, which is relieved by stretches. why does this happen?

Dr. Steven Simon
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 40 years experience
Neural Compression : Disc herniation means that the disc gel has moved from a sequestered space between the vertebra and into the spinal canal. here it will crowd and compress either the spinal cord and/or nerves that flow out from the cord through the neuroformamin (holes to allow nerve passage) . Causing your symptoms. Often the gel resolves after a few weeks, and benefits from epidural steroid injections.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 23, 2020