U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old male asked:

Is there a way to decrease hair loss? males from both sides of my parents are bald. i exercise and generally eat healthy but i have a recessing hair line. i also notice many hairs on my hands when showering.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Frank Kuitems
Internal Medicine 37 years experience
Yes: They are medications like Rogaine and Minoxiy all that can help reduce hair loss. Also an examination by primary care doctor with lab work and rule out issues like thyroid disorder I can cause hair loss.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 19, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.