should i test for covid? i'm experiencing a pressing pain on my chest and i'm also experiencing a mild headache. i feel a little bit of tingling on my throat. i sneeze quite a lot as well

2 doctor answers
Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
23 years experience Pediatrics
Self-isolate: If you have Covid, you need to self-isolate. Quarantine yourself. Drink lots of fluids, esp electrolyte solutions, rest, Take Acetaminophen for fever/pain and eat a bland diet (Bananas/Rice/Apples/Toast). See a Dr for worsening difficulty breathing, blue lips/face, confusion/lethargy, and persistent chest pain. Testing may be necessary to return to work, but otherwise does not change treatment.
Answered on Jul 15, 2020
Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
35 years experience Pediatrics
Call your doctor: In addition to following Dr. Kratzberg's advice for your health,depending on where you live and how many cases of Covid there are there,testing can be helpful for others and to help contain community spread,by using contact tracing when someone tests positive,so that others can be notified and be advised to self-isolate.Many communities have local testing sites that you can go to.
Answered on Jul 20, 2020
1