i have a bad tooth and i need antibiotics. im currently out of town and do not want to physically walk in to a doctor because of the covid issues. is there a way to get a prescription for antibiotics online?

3 doctor answers
24 years experience Psychiatry
Urgent dental issue: Many doctors are doing virtual or telemedicine consultations. My guess is that some dentists may provide this as well (I am not sure). However, this might be something that they would want to assess in person. Google dentists in the area that you are currently in and inquire.
Answered on Jul 23, 2020
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Bad tooth: Know that antibiotics will not turn a bad tooth into a good tooth. They will mitigate the spread of infection, not eliminate the cause. While you may be ale to find a tele dentistry dentist, what you really need is hands-on treatment. And by the way, because of extra-ordinary precautions, the risk of contracting CV-19 is lower at a dental office than at the supermarket, restaurant, party, etc.
Answered on Sep 9, 2020
Dr. Jeffrey Collura
13 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
Make some calls. : I would call your own dentist first, and he/she can likely call them in for you at at pharmacy near where you are staying. If you don’t have a dentist currently then you could also try you primary care doctor. Otherwise you will need to try and find a local dentist to treat you. As a last resort, you could also go to the ER. As stated above though, you will want to get the tooth treated ASAP
Answered on Sep 9, 2020