I have hodgkins lymphoma. i am due for another pet scan in a few weeks. i have had inflammation of on my upper back just at shoulder - red, warm to touch, ache. can this interfere with precision of the pet scan regarding the cancer?

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
It can: However, that should not be your main worry as the interpreting radiologist may be able to discriminate if likely or unlikely to be related to lymphoma. If changes are new affecting your shoulder you should mention them to your oncologist and/or primary care so that your condition is addressed properly as it may or may not be related to your lymphoma.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 9, 2020