PH

good day! the bands in the cbc plt of my newborn baby is 13. the normal range is only up to 6. his crp is 5.5 while the normal level is less than 0.5. these are the results of the sop screening in the hospital. now, he has jaundice. what must i do?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Immature neutrophils: Bands are a reference to immature neutrophils ( a white blood cell which destroys or ingests bacteria) Increased number occur in response to stress, inflammation or injury. CRP (C-reactive Protein) is also increased in inflammation or infection. The combination of both of these being high in a newborn can indicate an infection (newborn septicemia). Talk to your childs Dr. They may want to readmit.