U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Branford, FL
A 60-year-old male asked:

I dislocated my full knee replacement. does the joint break, or just dislocate and go back in place. it hurts in my whole leg from hip to ankle. but no swelling.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 55 years experience
Dislocation?: Best to return immediately to your Orthopedic Surgeon or go to the OR. Severity of the injury cannot be chosen from a wish list. Your knee will need Examination and probably imaging. Please don't delay.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 23, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.