U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old male asked:

flow of memories before waking up in the morning.what are these? how to get rid of them.why am i suffering from them?

3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Family Medicine 14 years experience
Dreaming: I may be misinterpreting what your asking, but it sounds like you're having some vivid dreaming. That doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong with you, but if these are very troublesome dreams/memories (i.e. They're associated with a traumatic incident), then it's best to start with a psychologist who can help you work through the trauma.
Dr. Jay Bayer
Dr. Jay Bayer answered
Family Medicine 51 years experience
Sleep disorder: These are probably result rem sleep- rapid eye movement. Consult dr. With detailed history and whether your sleep pattern refreshes you in am. During rem all kinds of memories or ideas are filtered and processed by brain. And is this in early morning hours where sleep is light, disturbed and go in and out sleepy state. There are many sleep disorders. Dr. Will determine sleep study.
Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
Preventive Medicine 41 years experience
Common DreamActivity: Dream activity about integrating & making sense of memories: typically more frequent during later portion of sleep cycles. Suffering: an interpretation, your judgement, obviously issues you are continuing to work on & make some sense out of. As the dream-writer, people commonly evade key aspects. Writing notes & discussing with someone of high sophistication & worthy of your trust may be of help.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits
$15 per month

Similar questions

A 32-year-old member asked:

What are some tips to reduce or rid the occurrences of seizures, aside from taking the meds?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Discuss neurosurgery: Do not stop taking your medications until advised by your neurologist/seizure specialist.. Ask your neurologist to discuss stereotactic evaluation at a neurosurgical center performing these tests as well as treatments. You may or may not be a candidate. Good luck.
A 41-year-old member asked:

How do I get rid of my son'sclaustrophobia?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-healy
Pediatrics 39 years experience
Therapy: You must be very patient and seek the help of a child psychiatrist and a therapist, avoid situations where he might feel uncomfortable or "closed in". Do not avoid the issue, but help him confront it with the help of professionals . Also make sure the adults around him do not project behaviors that the child will pick up on.
A 26-year-old member asked:

How do I get rid of excessive blushing? I blush so often that I've begun to exclude myself from situations that require me to communicate with people .

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michio Abe
Internal Medicine 26 years experience
Excessive blushing: People normally blush when they get excited, angry or embarrassed. Blushing can be triggered by scpicy foods, alcohol or hot temperature. Excessive blushing, however, can be due to social anxiety or panic disorder. Or medical conditions such as carcinoid syndrome, rosacea, or systemic mastocytosis can cause blushing. If you know the triggers such as foods, avoid them. I suggest you see a doctor.
A 43-year-old member asked:

How to get rid of postnasal drips?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Steven Saunders
Internal Medicine 43 years experience
Postnasal drips: Often antihistamines and/or decongestants.
A 22-year-old female asked:

Do you need to see a doctor for help getting rid of a postnasal drip?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Internal Medicine 35 years experience
You may try a couple: Things like sudafed with breakfast and loratidine at bedtime and see what happens. Otherwise, see your doctor if no better.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits
$15 per month
Last updated Jul 13, 2013

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits
$15 per month


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.