i have pain the back of my neck that feels like a spasm but if i turn either way i feel a sharp burning pain run up the back of head and behind the ear. its a throbbing pain that lasts ten mins n them i get pain behind my eyes n forehead ?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Occipital nerve: It appears that the occipital nerve, which exits the neck vertebra,travels up the back of the scalp all the way to the forehead, is either being pinched by a disc bulge or spur, or is irritated causing neuralgia. A neurologist is best to evaluate and advise you and order appropriate tests which may include an xray or MRI of the neck.
Answered on May 15, 2020
1