I am currently going through chemotherapy and my blood work yesterday showed that there are immature cells with the following info: metamyelocytes: 3% myelocytes: 4% wbc: 5.8 what does this mean and is this something i should be concerned with?

Pathology 50 years experience
Clinical context: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, if you were not being treated with chemo, it would not have been of concern. Wish you good health!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 10, 2020