San Jose, CA

should i postpone my annual mammogram for a year because of the coronavirus. my mammogram last year was normal.

Dr. Donald Colantino
Reasonable: Unless you've been told of serious risk factors a mammogram at your age bracket every 2 years is considered quite acceptable practice. Your physician can advise you best,however.
Dr. Dariush Vaziri
Breast Surgery 47 years experience
Yes and no: If you are a high risk patient for breast cancer, it would be prudent to get your mammogram taking appropriate precautions for Covid-19. if you are low risk and in your locality there are large number of Corona Virus cases, then in your age group the risk of Covid-19 is higher and skipping your mammogram maybe a valid option. Your physician can guide you.

Last updated Jun 23, 2020