I'm a 16 yr old girl. i have braces and it caused a cut in my gums and it started bleeding. moreover i have loose motions and it caused me to throw up. there was small amounts of blood in it,and when i saw that cut it was also bleeding. is it serious?

Dr. Thomas Yash
Dentistry 46 years experience
Not serious : The cut and the bleeding gums will show blood in mouth and saliva. You can rinse your mouth with some mouthwash or warm salt water( tablespoon of salt in 1/2 cup of hot water, rinse for 30 sec and spit) to clean cut. You need to brush your teeth twice daily for over a minute getting the tooth and gums next to braces. They may bleed at first but will stop and be healthy.

Last updated May 7, 2020