ZA

My child is showing symptoms of fever, is a cold bath good to decrease body temperature?

How much ?: Low grade fever (38 C) is a part of the natural immune response that triggers faster circulation so natural healing factors can flow to the site of illness. It can be ignored. For higher fevers a bath with cold water can actually drive the fever up while cold oral fluids brings it down. Warm water may help some, but I haven't recommended a bath in decades.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 15, 2020