Should i take my child to the emergency room? my 2 year old has been running a fever off and on for the past 24 hours and it has not been over 102, but after taking a nap this afternoon it climbed to 104. i put him in a tepid bath and the fever dropped. h

Hello. : Hello. I can't diagnose your toddler's problem. However, his fever rose to 104, he is not eating, he is complaining of pain near his ribs and he has a bad cough. Is he having difficulty breathing or wheezing? There are many possible causes for this type of fever in a toddler; influenza is a common one. The american academy of family physicians recommends that 104 degree fever be evaluated by a physician. I recommend that he be seen. Take care.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016