i've been experiencing chest pain, shortness of breath, pain in arm and pretty much all the things of a heart attack.i asked my doctors and they took 2 ekgs and determined i have anxiety disorder and depression. is it normal to have this pain every d?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Donald Colantino
Chest pain: For peace of mind consult a cardiologist for an evaluation and appropriate testing. If your symptoms are then thought to be due to stress and anxiety, I believe stress management therapy would be beneficial. If depression is a concern, I recommend consulting a psychiatrist as you shouldn't try to fight through it on your own as it can spiral out of control.
Answered on Apr 3, 2020
Dr. Sam Pennella
Specializes in General Practice
Chest pain/dyspnea: No, while there are some causes for somatic pains related to anxiety, it's rare. You should get chest X-rays also to make sure there isn't something involving your lungs, and pulmonary function tests. Do you wheeze at all or is it associated with eating anything?
Answered on Apr 3, 2020