banning, CA

I ve had surgical stapels put in in january, and i just barely had them removed yesterday cause i was trying to take them out myself but i only caused my self a high fever and a very pain full mingrain and body aches could the stapels cause this?

Dr. Vijaya Sikand
Fever post staples : It is possible that infection can result if staples are not hygienically removed. Also, incomplete staples removal may leave part in as a “foreign body” that can be infected. So you should be seen by a doctor for both and possibly need antibiotics
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Staples and fever: Usually staples are taken out within 2 weeks if there area is infected there is usually redness, pus and pain at the site which you do not describe. You can get body aches from sepsis but from staples that is rare, though the underlying condition may have caused an abscess. You must see a doctor and get evaluated today . With flu and coronavirus that may be a factor f/u/ w/ MD today

Last updated Mar 30, 2020