I am 29 weeks pregnant. is it safe to use icy hot cream on my back? or knees for my arthritis?

Dr. Chong Kim
In moderation: Icy hot, is a cream consisting of menthol and/or menthol salicylate. Menthol is safe during pregnancy, but salicylate portion the cream in large doses can be harmful to the fetus. But using once daily should be safe. Speak with your ob/gyn.
Dr. Kevin Daus
Yes: Yes it is ok to use the icy hot but if you can find it in a cream and not in an ointment, i think it would be better. Petroleum jelly is a toxin full of hydrocarbins. I would not use this type of product even if you are not pregnant.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017