ZA

im currently not feeling well and need to know if i need to tested for covid-19 symptoms: cough headache sore throat (day 4) intermittent dizziness brain fog body feeling very weak mucous in my throat - no runny nose ?

Hard to get tested: Throat pain can be from a strep throat (antibiotics needed), a cold or influenza, or from some other cause such as allergies or irritants. Usually, a person sees the doctor (call first) if the sore throat is bothersome, recurrent, or doesn't go away quickly. COVID-19 infections tend to have cough, whereas strep usually lacks cough but has more throat pain. Can call Dr. by video or phone. (3/23/20)
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 42 years experience
Coronavirus: Please have the number of an ambulance if you feel very sick and need to be in the hospital to be tested to receive treatment. In the meantime self-isolate.
COVID 19: My understanding (from South African MDs) is that currently one can be testing in South Africa for one COVID 19 symptom. I don't know when you wrote in , it may have been a stricter policy at that time. These symptoms could be due to COVID 19 or due to other conditions.