mri results partial thickness tearing mcl grade 2 sprain. partial tearing of medial retinaculum & patellofemoral ligament along posterior aspect of ligaments. moderate to high grade partial thickness cartilage loss lateral trochlear facet. surgery ?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Specialist: I'm unsure if you're a candidate for surgery as your tears are all incomplete. However in view of multiple internal knee pathologies I recommend consulting an orthopedic surgeon with special interest in complicated knee problems. You may have to seek one at an orthopedic department of surgery at a university hospital.
Dr. David Rojer
Orthopedic Surgery 24 years experience
DON'T RUSH!: Sounds like surgery is definitely NOT indicated right away. Hopefully with good rehab, bracing, and activity modification, you can avoid the knife. Sounds like you already have some arthritis in the knee - "Moderate to high grade partial thickness cartilage loss lateral trochlear facet" - This will only get worse with surgery. I would certainly recommend injections prior to any surgery.