Help please! is cerebral palsy the outcome of all in utero stroke children?

Dr. Kathryn Akin
38 years experience
No: In-utero stroke patients come in all shapes and sizes. Some strokes are large and occur late in the pregnancy and can produce significant problems in the child including cp. Other strokes may be small and occur early enough in the pregnancy that the brain can repair itself before the child is born, and the child will develop perfectly normally. Most cases and outcomes lie in between these examples.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.