for several nights i woke up with numbness in my left hand. the numbness in my fingers goes away during the day, but i have feeling of numbness/tightness in my upper left arm and overall weakness in my left arm to my hand. what could it be? stroke?

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Pinched nerve: It sounds more, based on pattern, as a compressed nerve. It can be at the cervical spine level, shoulder or even carpal tunnel which would be wrist. Starting with an exam with your doc should help and determining the cause of your symptoms. Stroke does not appear likely at this point.
Answered on Mar 16, 2020
1