I want to see what i should do because i felt a stabbing pain in the middle of my chest and it would get worse with any type of movement the stabbing pain did go away but i still have discomfort in my chest and it would get tight everytime i breathe ?

Emergency Room trip?: New sharp chest pains are a serious enough issue for an evaluation right away. A doctor can evaluate for a pneumothorax or other chest problem. Inflammation of the linings of the ribs, the lungs, or the heart can also cause chest pain. Evaluation may be done at an ER, where it is easy to get an exam, a chest x-ray, and an EKG plus lab tests if needed. Heart attacks almost never happen age age 25.

Last updated Mar 1, 2020