i have 3 ringworm spots that wont go away with otc cremes. my doc prescribed 7 days of ketoconazole tablets 200mg. i've seen doc on here say that's not good drug for this? i'm concerned by all the warnings on the labels for this drug. please advise!

Dr. Nazhat Sharma
57 years experience Ophthalmology
Griseofulvin : I am surprised you are given Ketoconazol. It is the last one to use due to serious side effects even liver failure! Depending on the site of the ringworm if OTC topical cremes do not work then I would give Griseofulvin for 4 to 6 weeks. May treat it once. There are other similar drugs too- their names escapes me! Get a second opinion with a dermatologist. Best of luck and good health.
Answered on Feb 29, 2020
1