U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old female asked:

I have been having heart palpitations, lately i feel nauseous and feel pain or cramp at my upper abdomen, unsure if its just normal gastric or signs of heart disease. i do feel a bit of uncomfort at the chest mainly middle and right side, but mild.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Time to see a doctor: A young adult woman who feels palpitations should be checked by her primary care doctor (Family Medicine or Internal Medicine, not Ob-Gyn) to make sure her body is ok from a general check-up point of view, and to listen to her heart. It could be a thyroid hormone problem, or could be that her heart is beating irregularly for another reason, etc... Additionally, a cardiologist can also evaluate.
Last updated Feb 17, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.