Chicago, IL

had annual pap and came back showing yeast but i have no vaginal discharge. can a yeast infection cause irritation in the urethra and cause trace intact red blood cells in the urine? i have that but negative for uti

Dr. Ralph Boling
If culture negative,: Interstitial cystitis is a chronic condition causing bladder pressure, bladder pain and sometimes pelvic pain. The pain ranges from mild discomfort to severe pain. The condition is a part of a spectrum of diseases known as painful bladder syndrome. Not likely from yeast.
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 53 years experience
Vaginal yeast: Yeast (mostly Candida albicans) is normal in the vagina, and visible yeasts in pap smears or by other methods doesn't necessarily indicate a problem. When symptoms occur, it's because candida grows to higher numbers and/or the body reacts differently to them. The main vaginal yeast symptoms are irritation & itching, not discharge, and might cause RBC in urine. Talk to your doctor about treatment.