i had pipes down my throat under general anesthesia in theater. i was told i stopped breathing and my blood pressure raised during theatre. what could be the cause for this? is it wise to avoid the gas for future theatre?

32 years experience Pediatrics
Depends on details: There is no possible answer on a public forum because the details of the situation matter a lot. One should ask the doctor who did the procedure and also ask the anesthesia doctor (if there was one). "Stopped breathing," "blood pressure raised," "general anesthesia," and "pipes down my throat" each have very different meanings depending on each patient's interpretation and doctor's perspective.
Answered on Feb 15, 2020