U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 16-year-old female asked:

Is there anything i could do to whiten my teeth? i've been a tea addict and now they're yellow..

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 42 years experience
Absolutely !: First, you should see your dentist to have an exam and have your teeth cleaned professionally. This will remove any surface stains and give you a better picture of your actual tooth color. Then, there are a number of professional strength whitening products that can be used to actually remove any stains that were absorbed into your enamel. All the best....
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 55 years experience
See you Dentist: Yu will need to first have the surface of your teeth professionally cleaned, then a widening agent applied under professional supervision.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 38-year-old member asked:
I have really yellow teeth from tea! how can I get rid of the yellowness?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
I drink tea. How do I get the dark stuff off my teeth or prevent yellowing from it?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
Tea stains on my teeth. How can I safely whiten them?
3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
How to whiten the tea-stained teeth?
3 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Last updated Feb 8, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.