ZA

My cholesterol is down from 7.23 to 6.97, my ldl is up from 3.28 to 3.81. i eat very healthy - however it seems ill be denied a life policy with these figures. do i need to go on medication to lower it? or what do u suggest?

Pathology 49 years experience
Need to examine: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, it may help to lose weight, reduce your intake of saturated fats and exercise at least 150 minutes/week. Your doctor may also put you on statins. Wish you good heath.

Last updated Jan 18, 2020