I started the antibiotic sulfamethoxazole for my hematuria and it says to take two tablets one in the morning and one in the evening, i received the tablets at 5 pm and took the first one, when do i take the next?

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Convenient time: Usually meds prescribed as twice a day are to be taken about 12 h apart with the goal of not having to get up in the middle of the night to take one. I would suggest taking the next pill in am as early as you get up and the second pill after about 12 h in the evening and follow the same schedule until finishing pills.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 9, 2020