U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 16-year-old female asked:

So i'm a teenage girl 16 y old and i have irregular period. i do have alot of body hair and my chest feels heavy too. it's been5 like this for 3 years and so should i go and check on doctor?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Some basics: Irregular cycles affect many women and were one of the reasons early research on hormones developed the pill. It can be used to make cycles more predictable. The other issues you mention may require additional testing. I would discuss this with your doc or seek referral to an OBGYN for a visit.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 4, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.