U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 22-year-old female asked:

Dr i am a 22 years old female, i suffer from extreme period cramps, lately it has gotten worse. i have excessive hair growth under my chin and on my stomach. i have never been diagnosed with any condition regarding my female parts. should i see a doc?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Doctor can examine: No woman should be having "extreme" menstrual period cramps without seeing a doctor. Primary care doctors usually ask each woman patient at every check-up whether or not she is having abdominal pains, menstrual cramps, or pelvic pains. There are treatable conditions that cause "extreme" cramps. Patients need not suffer so much.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 4, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.