i have been prescribed 500mg of amoxicillin 2x daily for an ear infection. i have now got 2 tablets left that i need to take but they're making me feel really unwell, do you think it will be okay to stop taking them now? i have been on them for 9 day

Dr. Donald Colantino
Exam needed: Amoxicillin is usually prescribed 3 times daily(every 8 hours). If you had an uncomplicated middle ear infection and have no current symptoms, you've probably taken enough amoxicillin. However, it would be best to have an examination of your ear drum to be sure.
Answered on Jan 2, 2020