U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old male asked:

My lower abdomen has a burning sensation and have diarrhea for 4 day consecutively now my feaces has blood in them should i consult a doctor/hospital?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Rectal bleeding: Unless the amount of blood was very scanty, I would recommend going to the hospital emergency room where prompt evaluation is available and in case bleeding continues. Possibilities include simple viral intestinal tract infection with bleeding from hemorrhoids, diverticulosis of the colon, invasive bacterial infection of the intestinal tract, inflammatory bowel disease such as ulcerative colitis.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 31, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.