Ireland

the outside of my ear canal started to swell yesterday and i woke up today and it is more swelled. there was no before pain and now it it only painful to touch, what is it?

Doctor can evaluate: In an older child or adult, ear outer swelling or pain can be from an ear canal infection or some allergic reaction. A doctor can evaluate to see if a patient needs antibiotics or ear drops. Swimmer's ear (ear canal skin infection) is more likely if one has been swimming and if moving the earlobe causes pain. An exam is needed, either in-person or sometimes adequate via video.