Australia

Blood test shows my ige is high. 108 ku/l. not seeming my doctor for another week. can someone explain what a high ige count generally means in laymen's terms? medical articles i've read confuse me sorry. thank you kindly.

Pathology 50 years experience
Any symptoms?: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, two common reasons for elevated IgE levels are allergy and worm infestation.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 12, 2019