ZA

I will be traveling to mozambique on the 12th of december 2019 and would like know how soon should i get my vaccination for malaria and how soon so i be on meds for the prevention of malaria?

Meds: You will take one of several possible medications on a daily basis starting before you go and for six weeks after you leave. First check the CDC website to be sure of what you need. www.cdc.gov/travel. You can search for the vaccine requirements of every place you might go.Some may require other vaccines.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Mozambique travel: You will need anti-malarial drugs (not vaccine). You will need vaccines however. Vaccines need time to take effect & some require multiple doses – so start getting needed vaccinations at least 4 to 6 weeks prior to travel. Hepatitis A & Typhoid are usually recommended along with anti- Malaria meds. Are you up to date on things like: measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussi
Last updated Jul 18, 2020