A 18-year-old female asked about a 18-year-old male:

I got bit by a mosquito which had white spots on its back. what is the possibility of me getting dengue or malaria? what are the preventions?

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Depends: on where you are and if malaria or dengue is endemic and the type of mosquito that bit you
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management 40 years experience
Mosquito: You are probably referring to Aedes albopictus (asian Tiger). These were brought to the US. They bit anytime (and start in the afternoon) -they do transmit equine encephalitis. With regard to dengue/malaria - your risk will depend on whether it is endemic where you live