A member asked:

I had many candidiasis because of anal/vaginal intercourse, almost 7 months ago. i havent had sexual relationships since then. every time i do other things it comes back. what can i do to stop the infection?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Hunter Handsfield answered

Specializes in Infectious Disease

Fluconazole?: First, be sure it's recurrent candida (yeast). Candida is not an STD, not typically caused by sex. Second, if confirmed, that you don't have an underlying problem that predisposes to vaginal yeast, especially diabetes. If confirmed and no underlying cause, ask doctor about preventive treatment, e.g. a dose of oral fluconazole (DiflucanĀ®) once a week. Good luck!

Answered 12/2/2019



Related Questions