My 4 year old hit his head very hard yesterday, this afternoon he complained his eye is itchy and then it starting swelling a bit and it's red. Is this because of the bump on his head. Its left side front of head?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
35 years experience in Pediatric Pulmonology
Itchiness: The itchiness would indicate local irritation or an allergic reaction. Please rinse his eye with saline but if the swelling is more than minimal he should be seen right away. Watch for changes in behavior, vomiting and changes in coordination, and if any of these occur, please see the Emergency Dept.
Answered on Nov 14, 2019
1