U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Camarillo, CA
A 56-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing red or bloodshot eyes (side: both eyes) , watery eyes (side: both eyes) , swelling around eyes, eyelid swelling, discharge or mucus in eyes, itchy eyes and eye irritation. the following also describes me: sensation of something in eye.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 41 years experience
C an opthalmologist: not an optometrist, start with your primary doctor, it can be conjunctivitis or something else that warrants immediate attention and prescription medications, Urgent Care or ER are your options if you can't reach your doctor or an ophthalmologist today, good luck
Last updated Nov 3, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.