ZA

i think my 3 week old may be suffering with infant dyschezia. what can i do to help him. this morning he cried for about 30min and still has not released a stool?

Hard to say : Many infants must use their breathing/fussing muscle to help move food along the gut or poop because they lay flat & have weak belly muscles.Some do so more than others. If their poop is soft when they go it is relatively normal. If hard I use full strength prune juice 1-3X/day spaced out.to soften the stool.I works in 1-3 days. The process naturally improves with age.