U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Miami, FL
A 17-year-old female asked:

I have terrible period pains! someone help please? i have tried everything - advil, hot water bottle, chocolate etc. nothing works! my doctor diagnosed me with dysmenorrhea so i get extremely painful periods. i feel faint.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Can get treatment: Birth control pills (contain hormones) can be used to help other conditions besides birth control. The pills can help women with acne, frequent periods, heavy periods, painful periods, etc... If a woman wants medication for menstrual cramps, a primary care doctor or Ob-Gyn doctor can help, after an evaluation to be sure nothing unusual is happening in the body. "Terrible pain" should be treated.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 22, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.