i had a preterm birth on 2nd oct 2019 i was 22 weeks and lost my baby diagnosis was i had acute chorioamnionitis please explain what causes this, how can i avoid it in my next pregnancy, how long do i wait to fall pregnant again?

Dr. Cynthia Palabrica
32 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
22 week loss: I am sorry for your loss. Please take the time you need to grieve. The time to try again is when you are ready mentally. Chorioamnionitis Happens when your water breaks early and the membranes get infected. To prevent this from happening again, your doctor will need to investigate with you and identify the reason or reasons that your water broke originally.
Answered on Oct 21, 2019